Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Reflection.

Sometimes I wonder if taking a year off from school was a bad choice. I am a year behind and now have no desire to even go back. Then I reflect on the good and bad that have happened after that decision was made. Honestly I think I made the best decision for me. I now realize what I always have been passionate about it writing. It is what I am best at. I would have never discovered that because I was so gung ho about wanting to be a psychology major and working with kids. I do still want to work with kids and will continue once I go back to school with my psychology degree. But I am going to approach everything with a new perspective. What if I can get the kids I someday hope to work with to express their feelings with writing stories or songs, instead of just talking to them one and one. I know for me the best way I express my feelings is in one of my many stories or journal entries. I know for myself whenever I read things I can always tell what mood the author was in. Also I know for me when I write something I put more feeling into it than just talking. In my opinion I would love to work with kids someday just using writing as a way to vent.

Anways back to the main point, I think I would have never discovered how much I love writing if I hadn't taken a year off. Honestly back in college when ever I had essay assignment as much as I loved writing I dreaded them. But now because it's for me and I won't be judged what I write I love it again. Anyways that has been on my mind all day just thought I'd share.

~Jonell~

No comments: